Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Congratulations Ironman Madison Finishers!

Sunday the 13th of September was Ironman Madison and I happen to be spending the night here. I was unable to see the race first hand but I kept updating my iPhone using the Ironman webcast. What a beautiful day for the race. Sunny, very little wind, and not too hot.


On Monday morning I had the privilege to give 7 Ironman Finishers a ride home from Madison to Milwaukee. How inspiring! There were several 1st timers and at least one veteran. I am always impressed at the drive and determination of these individuals. It motivates me to get out there and push myself to complete this race some day. I have a good feeling I might.
I intend to sign up for a handful of triathlons next season. My wife and I plan on making several of those 1/2 Ironman Distance events. We have yet to decide on an "official" schedule but when we do I'll be sure to post it here.

Training:
I ran 4.5 miles yesterday in Madison. This is only 17% of the distance that the Ironman athletes completed. It was a good run. Temperature was in the high 70's and very little wind. The run path I took was near and on the American Family insurance headquarters property. I am pretty impressed at the fact that their campus has several miles of paved trails and they pride themselves on their "sustainable" property management. They have left a majority of it in a "natural" state. Lots of grasses and local plants, flowers, and trees. I do enjoy this run and try to take advantage of it when I can.

Speaking of Running... I am going to race in the Team Ortho Monster Dash 1/2 Marathon on October 31st. I am looking forward to it and I intend to give it my best go. I'll keep you posted on the training.

Take care,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment