Friday, September 11, 2009

Hello.

I am currently in Salinas, CA. My Mother had a partial knee replacement. I am here to help her through her first week of recovery/rehabilitation. She is doing great, the weather is great, and the family is great. I intend to use this blog in tandem with my site as a way to keep track of my training and race experiences with triathlon.

I have recently become introduced to triathlon. It started in January when i joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. If you have ever been at a Marathon, Triathlon, or any other similar event you may have seen the purple jersey's out there. That would be Team in Training(TNT). I have so much to say about TNT that i will save it for another post.

Last summer after doing a handful of running races, a couple of half marathons and full marathons and fun runs, I found that I enjoy running and and find it a great way to stay fit. After weeks of run training I found myself running that I could only handle so much in a week. My knees and back were always a little sore after 10-15 miles. The day in and day of running was physically and mentally challenging. I needed to find a way to break it up. I find that I always get a good runners high after a great workout and like many others I am always looking to push myself in a new way...

Here is where I found Triathlons attractive. Swim, Bike, Run. A great way to break up the monotony of running all the time and get to be outside even more.

My wife, Bonnie and I have done 3 Triathlons this summer and we intend to many next season.. including a 1/2 Ironman Distance. That is 1.2 miles Swim, 56 Miles Bike, and 13.1 Miles run. It is a lofty goal... but we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment